Know your hosts
Komal Shah has been working remotely for almost 6 years now. She is a Co-Founder and Chief Knowledge Officer of SkillArbitrage. She believes that remote work provides the perfect work-life balance. It saves her precious time and energy, especially when trying to navigate a large and bustling city like Mumbai. By eliminating the need for travel, Komal feels she has been given the time, and opportunity, to grow both professionally and personally. She is passionate about empowering individuals, especially women, to pursue a successful career. As a host in this bootcamp, she brings her expertise and enthusiasm to guide and motivate participants to achieve their remote work goals as well.
Priyanka Karwa has been working remotely for over 8 years. She started her remote work journey even before the concept became common. After the birth of her child, she realised that working from home was the best way to give time to both her family and her work. It not only saved her an unnecessary commute, but also provided the comfort of a flexible schedule - which she attributes to her growth both as a professional and a mother. With her considerable experience, Priyanka is the perfect host for this bootcamp, ready to offer valuable insights and guidance to women looking to thrive in the world of remote work.
Why are we doing this bootcamp?
- We have been helping Indian professionals to get international remote work - but we noticed that many of our high performing learners have been women who were homemakers or stay-at-home mothers
- India has a very low female labour participation - and we can do something about it
- Remote work is the top choice of many women professionals, but no college, university or career coach helps you to figure out how to succeed in remote work
- We have helped thousands of women professionals succeed in remote work through us and we want to create more success stories. Are you going to be our next success story?
- AI has made it easier for Indian professionals to work remotely. There are non-technical business growth related jobs that are exploding but many women are missing out on the incredible opportunity because they feel any job related to AI must require massive specialised technical skills - which is incorrect
Can men also attend this?
- Sure. The techniques that we will teach and the ideas we will share apply to all. Everyone is most welcome to join
- However, we wanted to dedicate this bootcamp to women and we would have experts who will specifically deal with some of the common challenges women doing remote work often face
- Are you a homemaker or stay-at-home mom looking for flexible work options?
- Do you want to restart your career, but feel held back because you don’t want to commute to work every day for hours?
- Are you worried about the gap in your CV because you have taken time off for these responsibilities?
- Are you tired of being undervalued and underpaid in the traditional workspace?
- Are you tired of being limited by your location, or lack of opportunities in your town?
- Do you have good communication skills and a degree, but find it difficult to balance your work and family, or find a job that fits your needs?
- Do you want a job that enables you to earn thousands of dollars per month with time to spare for your family?
- Do you want the flexibility to work from home and set your own hours?
- Do you see yourself working with international startups, corporates, and SMEs?
- Do you want to know how to approach potential clients/ startups/ top executives to get work from them?
- Do you want to tap into the opportunities created by groundbreaking AI technology that has been creating waves in 2023?
- Do you want to know about space-age AI jobs with huge demand in the international freelance market where you could make a fortune?
- Whether you have studied humanities, sciences or commerce, whether you have done any specialisation or not, these opportunities are available to you!
If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, then this bootcamp is for you!
We are living through a remote work revolution right now. With remote work & freelancing becoming the norm, more and more employers in the world’s developed economies are realising the benefits of outsourcing work to people who can work from home, often in another country altogether.
The benefit for employers is that these remote workers cost far less than workers from their own countries, and yet deliver the same, or better, quality of work.
This new normal has encouraged international startups, firms, SMEs, and individual employers to embrace the virtual world, and extend the job market not only beyond your city, but your country.
And this has come as a godsend for the many thousands of women in India who have had to sacrifice their careers for one reason or another.
As a society, we often expect our women to devote their time to home and family even when they are working full-time jobs. Many women find the pressure of sustaining their jobs while being full-time wives and mothers too much to take, and so they give up their career dreams.
But we are here to change that story. SkillArbitrage team has always been a believer in the concept of remote work, and we have been following the work from home model from the very beginning, even before the pandemic.
As a result, many of our colleagues are actually women who had given up their careers, but who found that working with us gives them the work-life balance that they always wanted.
We now want to extend similar opportunities to you, on an international level.
We have helped more than 5000 freelancers from India, and a majority of them women, to find remote jobs and freelance work in the US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, the Gulf, and other places.
You could be our next success story!
You don’t have to be a software engineer, data scientist, or lawyer to benefit from international remote work. The stage is huge, you just need to play your part.
In fact, provided you acquire the right skills, which we can teach you, your educational background makes very little difference.
We will show you the most in-demand skills that will make you attractive to fast-growing startups, influencers, busy entrepreneurs and executives, so that they would be delighted to pay you USD 10-20 per hour as you make their lives easier and help them grow faster.
Think about it. If you charge a fee of USD 20 per hour, and put in even 100 hours of work per month, which is three-four hours per day, how much do you earn?
Of course, you will need to learn the work, but if thousands of our learners have successfully done so, there’s absolutely no reason to think that you won’t.
Join us for a free & online (LIVE Only) bootcamp on Remote work revolution for women - How to land AI driven international remote jobs from November 18th - 19th, 2023, 10:30am - 1:30pm IST, November 21st, 2023, 6:00pm - 9:00pm IST
Who should attend
- Women looking to build an international career from home
- Women whose career has stagnated due to lack of opportunities or family responsibilities
- Women who want to work remotely for international startups, SMEs, and companies
- Women who want to earn in dollars and have more freedom over their work and time
- Anyone with good English communication skills who is earning less than INR 50,000 per month
- Those who live in small towns or villages and do not find good job opportunities locally
- Women with young children who want to work part time from home without having to commute to work
- Anyone who wants to escape the cubicle lifestyle and work as a digital nomad
Here’s some data for you to go over
- After the pandemic, freelancing has become the preferred way of working for a huge number of people. In the US, freelancers are expected to number over 86.5 million by 2027
- Approximately 1.57 billion people in the global workforce are freelancers (Source: World Bank)
- Worldwide, the total freelance platform market is estimated to be worth USD 3.39 billion
- 46 percent of freelancers agree freelancing gives them the flexibility they need because they’re unable to work for a traditional employer owing to various reasons
- By number of freelancers, India is the second fastest growing country in the world (Source: Payoneer)
- Among freelancers globally, 52.3 percent are women while 47.7 percent are men. The average age of a working freelancer is 37 years
- Indian women freelancers have seen a substantial gain in their income in 2022 compared to 2020, with incomes going up by 42 percent in 2022
- On average, freelancers in India bill an hourly rate of USD 28 (Source: Payoneer)
- Women freelancers earn, on average, 84 percent of what male freelancers make, which is something we need to change
Common myths about remote work and freelancing
1. Remote work is not stable and secure
Reality: Remote work is a growing trend and has become a popular option for businesses of all sizes. In fact, remote work is predicted to become the norm for most organisations in the near future. Remote workers often have access to a wider range of opportunities, as they are not limited by location.
2. Freelancers don't earn enough money and struggle to find work
Reality: Freelancers can earn a great income, and many are able to charge higher rates than their traditionally employed counterparts.
3. Remote work is only for tech jobs and not suitable for other industries
Reality: Remote work is becoming more common in all industries, like project management, multimedia production, sales, programming, marketing, finance, and IT healthcare.
4. Freelancers don't have a social life and miss out on office culture
Reality: Freelancers have the flexibility to work from anywhere, including cafes, and even on vacation. They also have the freedom to set their own schedules and work when they want to.
5. Remote work is isolating and lonely
Reality: Many remote workers have thriving social lives and strong connections with their colleagues and clients. In fact, many remote workers find that they have more time for hobbies and interests outside of work.
So don't let these myths hold you back!
At the bootcamp, we'll give you a complete roadmap, insights, tips, and resources to help you set up a successful international remote practice and build a successful career while balancing your family responsibilities.
Register now and start living the life you've always dreamed of!
What will you learn
- Guidelines for working with startups, SMEs and large companies, law firm partners and other successful professionals
- How to get work from international freelance platforms, how to make irresistible profiles and write great proposals
- How to get work from high-potential startups in Silicon Valley, London, Dubai, Tel Aviv and other startup hubs
- The right skills to work remotely for international companies
- How to pitch your services to these companies and stand out from the competition
- Tips and strategies to succeed as a remote worker and balance your work and family responsibilities
Some quick steps to get a certificate for the bootcamp
- Attend every day (at least 2.5 hours each day, and login from the trackable unique link sent to you by Zoom)
- Leave a review of your experience (good, bad, ugly) in the comments section of the LinkedIn and Twitter post links (shared during the live session) at the end of each day, for all days. If you do not have an account on any of these channels, please create one right away, it only takes a few minutes
- Please send a screenshot of your posts and queries about the certificate if any to [email protected]. We will send you a certificate in 10 days.